Sunday, December 04, 2005

Finished!

I still can't believe what a quick knit this was for me. Sweaters usually take me an eternity to finish, but some free time after Thanksgiving plus the great pattern and my new found love for the yarn I chose (KnitPicks' Andean Silk in Hollyberry) all came together quickly. Unfortunately I've had an awful time getting good pictures of the true colors. For some reason the chiffon reads too pinky on my camera, but in reality it's a much closer match to the yarn.

Now for the downsides. The Andean Silk knit up buttery soft in my hands. Unfortunately it's a little itchy when it's actually on. I washed it and that helped, but on a scale of 1-10, one being slightly uncomfortable and ten being "Agh!!! Get it off me!" I'd put this at about a 2. I also have some issues with the ruffled hem. I like the cuffs, but I'm not much of a ruffle girl and the waistline is not where I want to go puffy-ruffly. I'm going to knit up another one in Cornflower Andean Silk, but I'll skip the ruffles and add more length. I'll probably skip the reverse sts too and use a picot hem and maybe lace at the cuffs instead of the chiffon. The unraveled chiffon is a nice effect, but I'm noticing that it keeps on unraveling. I'm afraid I'll eventually be left with just tangled fringe. But all in all I had a great time knitting this one and look forward to wearing it to a special Christmas party this year. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 4:15 am, Blogger Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Ours are about the same color. I've been thinking about leaving off the ruffle as well - maybe I should wear it a couple of times without it and see what I think.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger lazysaturday said...

It looks great! I was wondering the same thing about the ruffles, I'm not sure if I want them or not anymore ;-)

 
At 9:47 am, Blogger Iris said...

It looks great!! Wonderful colour.

 
At 12:50 pm, Blogger Rachael said...

Wow...well done it looks super! Don't know why you should wory about ruffles around your middle? You are more than petite enough to get away with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home