Thursday, November 24, 2005

All done... except the ruffles.

Posted the end result of my Greek Pullover in my blog on Tuesday, but somehow seem to have forgotten to post it in the KAL blog! Anyway - this is my Greek Pullover, minus ruffles, because I haven't had time to get the chiffon yet:

And another one:
Apologies that the pictures are a bit dark...

The yarn I used was the one the pattern called for: Rowan Kid Classic. The colour is 'Nightly'. I only needed four of the five balls that were recommended.

I have already worn the pullover once and am quite pleased with it. If anything, I would probably make the body and the sleeves a bit longer, but the ruffles might sort this out anyway.

6 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, Blogger lazysaturday said...

Wow, that looks great!

 
At 11:15 am, Blogger Iris said...

Thanks suegene! :) I can't wait to see all the other Greek Pullovers finished that are currently in the making.

Iris
xx

 
At 4:17 am, Blogger lazysaturday said...

by the way, Iris, I finally got my act together and started a blog,
hopefully I'll be able to keep it up!

lazysaturday.blogspot.com

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger Aimee said...

Beautiful! I hope mine comes out as nice. I'll keep an eye on your blog for ruffle pics.

 
At 7:04 pm, Blogger Stephanie said...

Beautiful, Iris! Yours looks smaller than mine does. I had planned on doing the smallest size like I normally do, but my gauge was smaller than the pattern, so I went up a size. It's okay, though - not too big. I got some ruffle ribbon yarn Habu makes for the ruffle instead of chiffon. Much easier choice, and it looks pretty cool. I'm going with pewter grey on my red sweater.

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Iris said...

Thank you ladies! :-)

I got some black chiffon through in the post a few days ago so I will see how it matches the colour of the yarn and will hopefully be able to finish this project completely. Not that I haven't been wearing it anyway!

Aurora - yes, the neckline is less wide than it looks when you knit the front. The crochet border that gets added at the end makes it look more 'together'.

Stephanie - I'm looking forward to seeing your pullover with the Habu ribbon yarn!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home