Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Finally started!

Thanks to a road trip and another sweater that got to a point where it couldn't have been worked on away from my LYS, I finally got started on my Greek Pullover! I got some really pretty red Kid Classic, and I LOOOOOOOVE working with it. I'm a little off gauge (my gauge is close to 20 sts = 4"), so I'm knitting the 38" size. It's a quick knit; I'm already past the armhole bind off for the back, and I haven't worked on it very much. I'll post pictures once I have some that are interesting enough.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 am, Blogger aurora said...

What colour are you going to do the ruffles in? I'm doing purple, and I'm thinking about, instead of using purple, using gold. It just occurred to me that gold and red look spiffy!

Wow, I'm a way slower knitter than you :-)

 
At 2:25 pm, Blogger Iris said...

Looking forward to the pictures - I don't think we've had a red one so far!

And yes, the ruffles. I've been thinking about those too. I've just finished sleeve #1 so I got to decide soon... I wonder what would work with red - a deeper red colour maybe, or even something totally different, like a dark green... So many possibilities! :)

 
At 3:59 pm, Anonymous Stephanie said...

I've thought a little about the ruffle color, but I haven't made up my mind. I've got a great fabric store in town that I always take my sweaters to when I have to choose buttons, so I'm sure they'll help me out. I kinda wonder what it would look like if I used something with a print to it instead of a solid color....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home