Monday, December 05, 2005

Okay, I think I'm done.




What? Where is the ruffle made out of Habu yarn I recently spoke of, you say? Well, I tried to start it last week, and the yarn frayed like crazy the minute I cut the end off it. I don't know how anyone knits with it. I'm glad I can return it and get a credit at my LYS. I had planned on making a trip to the fabric store today to get some chiffon, but then after reading other's posts, and not being totally sure about the ruffle to begin with, I decided to wear the sweater as is today while running errands to see if I liked it the way it is. I do, so I guess I'm done! I do like the sweater, but I wish I had made the smallest size. My gauge was small when I did my swatch, so I made the next size up. The neckline is so big that I had to go out and buy a strapless bra to wear with it (not before this picture was taken, though, which explains any purple you may see peeking out around the shoulder seams). Does anyone else have that same thing going on? I don't think it looks too big, but I usually wear my things a bit tighter. I love the style of the sweater, though, and I love the yarn - the feel and the color. It'll definitely make an appearance at a holiday party or two in the next couple of weeks!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 am, Blogger Iris said...

It looks great (and not too big at all) - the colour is fabulous! :)

It looks like a lot of people are deciding to do without the ruffles, and the longer I leave it the more I am tending in that direction too. The pullover looks great without them, so why bother?

Fantastic job!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home