Friday, September 30, 2005

yarn is bought!

Ah! I've finally bought the yarn! I thought you guys'd like to know, because I'm substituting (the Rowan is WAY too expensive here in the antipodean lands). I'm working in purple Naturally "Kid et Soie" which is 70% mohair, 20% silk, 10% New Zealand Merino (it's an NZ yarn). All of $8.80 a ball. Swishy! (My local wanted more than 20 bucks a ball for the Rowan!). And the shop I bought it from gave me a nice calico bag to keep it in! Even better!

I'll probably take a while to post photos as I'm not going to be with the home computer...but I thought I'd share. Getting a bit worried about the unfamiliar stitches in the pattern...but I'll be ookaay...

1 Comments:

At 7:00 am, Blogger Iris said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress!!

And now that people have started with the pullover I'm getting even more impatient to finally receive my copy. Why does it take this long?! I will have to email them again I think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home